the most refined and highly specified living space in London, then honour its residents with the most sought after address.
An architectural masterpiece
within the Strand Conservation area providing 79 magnificent luxury apartments and penthouses created within an imposing Grade II Listed façade.
An authentic apartment view
can be shared by all residents from the ambient surrounds of the hotel’s 10th floor Sky Bar and terrace.
A world class location
moments from Covent Garden and The Royal Opera House, minutes from Theatreland and Leicester Square - and within ¾ mile of the most exclusive shopping streets in the world.
with the seamless integration of a 5-star hotel and private apartments, the services and facilities are so near. Residents of each apartment will have many
bespoke requests at their fingertips.
impeccable specification & style.
A diversity of taste
and cuisine for the most discerning palate. With over 300 spoken languages in The Capital, there is an equally diverse menu on almost every street and corner - from modern British to afternoon tea at The Ritz.
With over 6,000 restaurants in central London, residents at Marconi House will never tire of experiencing quality cuisine, themed from virtually every
nationality on earth.
Centre stage for the arts, opera, entertainment and nightlife. Theatreland, Leicester Square, Soho, the heart of the West End - names synonymous with world class entertainment, stage, drama and showcase culture.
From the international hâute couture fashion on Bond Street to the world renowned, quintessentially British tailoring on Savile Row... Regents Street, Oxford Street, the brands and names that redefine quality, luxury and absolute prestige, they all adorn this niche pocket of London - just minutes from your apartment on the Strand itself.
London’s principal Universities
London has one of the largest concentrations of universities and higher
education institutions in the world. The Capital has a student population of
some 400,000 with an additional 45,000 students in over 180 countries following the
University of London external programme.
Somerset House situated directly opposite Marconi House.
Trafalgar Square is just a short walk away.
The Mall is less than 15 minutes walk from Marconi House.
Step from the Strand into over 2000 sqft of sheer contemporary opulence.
This magnificent building will present 79 of the most prestigious fully serviced apartments in London. Everything you would expect and more, every finite and exacting detail - Marconi House is the all encompassing lifestyle opportunity where specification is absolute
Residents Facilities are planned to include:
- Over 2000 sqft reception, lounge and foyer.
- 24 hour concierge desk.
- Secure car parking†.
- Use of hotel restaurant & lounge bars.
- Use of hotel Level 10 Lounge & Sky Bar.
- Use of spa & fitness suite.
- Use of hotel room service.
In addition, the Marconi House concierge will be on hand to arrange bespoke requirements and third party services such as:
- Car valet parking.
- Dry cleaning and laundry.
All services and facilities are subject to Marconi House and Hotel operator agreement and finalisation.
Hotel facilities and third party services will be on a chargeable basis. † Parking is limited and subject
to additional cost.
Level 10 Sky Bar & Lounge - With the seamless integration of a 5-star hotel and private apartments, the services and facilities are so near. Residents of each apartment will have many bespoke requests at their fingertips. So too, use of the ground floor restaurant up to the 10th floor Lounge, Sky Bar and viewing terrace.
Contemporary Eloquence - No expense has been spared, for there are no short cuts into providing the most sophisticated living space in the heart of
a world respected city.
- initiate relaxation, rejuvinate mind and spirit into perfect equilibrium.
A holistic retreat - Indulge your senses in a cocoon of luxurious warmth, peace and essential oils. Whether it’s a dawn workout or a time to unwind after a stressful day, the hotel spa and fitness suite may provide an oasis to spiral your senses into perfect equilibrium and innermost contentment.
Gymnasium - Workout at a pace that suits you with a full suite of cardiovascular equipment.
Treatment Room - Expert therapists will deliver selected treatments for personal wellbeing.
Steam Room - Let the temperature unlock every fibre of stress.
Sauna - Luxuriate at any time of day or night.
- Individually designed layouts.
- Stone worktops.
- Single or 1½ bowl undermount sink and luxury stainless steel mixer tap.
- High gloss lacquered and veneered finishes to cabinets with recessed handles.
- Pull out pan and racked storage units to selected apartments where appropriate.
- Recessed feature low voltage downlights and individual recessed LED lights to wall units.
- Concealed multi-gang appliance panel and polished nickel socket outlets above work surfaces where appropriate.
- Stone floor finishes.
- Miele inset touch control induction hob.
- Re-circulating integrated extractor or variable height stainless steel island extractor where appropriate.
- Miele stainless steel multi-function single oven.
- Miele stainless steel combination microwave oven.
- Miele built in stainless steel warming drawer*
- Miele built in stainless steel coffee machine*
- Miele integrated fridge/freezer*
- Miele integrated tall larder fridge*
- Miele integrated tall freezer*
- Miele built in wine cooler*
- Miele integrated multi-function dishwasher.
- Integrated washer/dryer within kitchens where appropriate or freestanding model within vented utility cupboard.
- Sub-Zero units*
* to selected apartments
- Villeroy and Boch single ended white bath with stone bath panel.
- Wall mounted shower head above bath
in selected locations.
- Complete Hans Grohe hand shower set to baths.
- Bespoke stone vanity unit with wall mounted basin.
- Bespoke stone cladding to selected areas of bathrooms/shower rooms/WC’s.
- Villeroy & Boch white wall mounted WC pan with soft close seat/cover and concealed cistern with bespoke dual flush plate.
- Walk in shower area to bathrooms /shower rooms where indicated with frameless glass shower panel.
- Complete Hans Grohe hand shower set and square wall mounted shower head to shower areas.
- LCD television provided to master en-suite.
- Heated towel rail thermostatically
controlled to all bathrooms/shower rooms.
- Large format stone wall finishes to selected walls.
- Large format stone floor finishes.
- Mirrored cabinet with shelving, shaver socket and concealed lighting to bathrooms/shower rooms/WC’s.
- Recessed low voltage downlights to
|Interior Finishes & Electrical Fittings
- Feature engineered entrance doors.
- Feature engineered internal doors.
- Bespoke feature sliding doors to create flexible living areas to selected apartments.
- Contemporary recessed skirting and architrave details.
- Polished nickel door handles throughout.
- Bespoke fitted or walk-in wardrobe to master bedrooms, internal fittings include rails and shelves with integral lighting.
- Hardwood, carpet and stone floor finishes in selected areas.
- Feature lighting to apartment entrance doors.
- Feature ceiling coffers with concealed lighting in selected locations.
- Recessed downlighters throughout.
- Feature lighting to master bathrooms.
- Automatic lighting to utilities/services/ coats cupboards.
- Television (terrestrial and Sky+) points to principal reception rooms and bedrooms.
- Telephone and data points to principal
reception rooms and bedrooms.
- Fully integrated Smart Home touch screen technology system to each apartment.
- Polished nickel power sockets and light
- Dimmer light controls where applicable
(rocker switches where energy efficient lights used).
Smart Home Technology
|Heating, Cooling & Security et al.
- Heating and hot water from communal system with metered water supply to all apartments.
- Underfloor heating to bathrooms/shower rooms/WC’s.
- Comfort cooling/heating to all reception rooms and bedrooms.
- Heated towel rail to en-suite bathrooms where appropriate.
- Video entry system viewed by individual apartment handset/screens.
- Pre-wired for intruder alarm.
- Mains supply smoke detector to hallway, heat detector to kitchens.
- Multi-point locking and spy hole to apartment entrance doors.
- 24 hour concierge service.
Piece of Mind
- 999 year lease.
- All apartments benefit from 12 year build warranty.
- Secure underground parking area is available by separate negotiation.
- Passenger lifts serve all levels with access to underground parking level.
- Spacious reception foyer with bespoke feature floor and wall finishes.
- Sumptuously furnished and equipped lounge for residents and guests.
- Bespoke Concierge desk.
- Feature lighting.
Lift Lobbies & Communal Hallways
- Glass balustrade and polished stainless steel handrail to dual height reception.
- Bespoke carpet floor finishes and stone resin wall finish.
- Tiled floors and painted walls to car park level.
|This specification may vary between suites, apartments and duplexes.
|Each apartment will have a fully integrated cable structure that will facilitate a range of advanced home automation features including keypads to replace light switches, Cat 5 cabling for AV, telephone and data systems, iPad style remote control touch screen devices, Sky TV enabled for HD and 3D ready systems and more.
This technology may vary between suites, apartments and duplexes
- Live video door entry service.
- Central WiFi (provided within the service charge).
- Fully integrated mood lighting and scene setting.
- Sky TV or Freeview in-wall TV to master bathroom.
- In-wall touch panel in each room.
- Fully integrated climate control.
- Denon surround sound technology.
- Ceiling speakers in all bedrooms (to include TV sound feed).
- iPod docking stations in all rooms. (apartments with an open plan kitchen will have one iPod dock within the living/dining & kitchen area).
- iPad style tablet touchscreen remote control over all interior facilities.
- Music library and worldwide internet radio.
The Hotel - is planned to provide 168 exclusive rooms arranged around a spectacular marble faced pyramidal atrium rising from ground reception level to 10th floor Sky Bar level. The entire hotel accommodation and facilities are new build with exterior façades of Portland stone to seamlessly blend with the retained Grade II listed façade of Marconi House.
The Hotel is planned to have rooms ranging from standard to deluxe and boutique, suites with highly refined finishes together with 4 way panoramic views culminating in a single presidential suite occupying two floors. This unique accommodation will have a private roof terrace, and bedroom arranged within the tower’s glass cupula offering breathtaking 360º views across the Capital’s iconic skyline.
Corporate, private & business - facilities are planned to include; Banqueting suite, Conference facility, Business lounge, Spa & fitness suite, Destination bars & restaurants.
The Gaiety Theatre
The original Gaiety Theatre was built in 1868 on the site of the former Strand Music Hall in Wellington Street with an additional entrance from the Strand. The new theatre was built between 1902-3 to the design of Ernst Runtz and George McLean Ford, specialists in theatre design, with assistance from Norman Shaw RA. It was the first building to be erected as part of the Aldwych development of 1900 and in many ways it was by far the most accomplished.
The Gaiety Restaurant, opened in 1904, occupied premises in the same block as the Theatre but fronting onto the Strand. Hotel or serviced apartments accommodation was also included on the upper floors of the building, attached to either the Restaurant or Short's Inn. The hotel use associated with Short's Inn continued until the 1950's when a Strand Hotel was listed at 333 Strand as well as Short's Public House.
In 1912 the Marconi Company acquired a new 99 year lease from the London County Council for the Gaiety Hotel and Restaurant building and converted it to headquarters for the Marconi Company and it became an important world famous location for the emerging technology of broadcasting.
In 1946, Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Company was taken over by English Electric and in 1955 they acquired the rest of the site including the part owned by Short's so that, for the first time, ownership of the whole site rested with a single party and enabled redevelopment to be carried out.
English Electric House
In 1955 English Electric held an architectural competition for the redevelopment of the site as offices including the demolition of the redundant Gaiety Theatre, which remained unused. The winning design was the one prepared by Mr Gordon Tait. The new building, opened in 1959-60 as English Electric House at a cost of £250,000.
In 1970-72, Citibank acquired the lease of the building and carried out major refurbishment work in Marconi House including the introduction of steel structures at high level, infilling of the former restaurant gallery and support onto columns to the basement. The main corner entrance of the former English Electric building was altered and the tow allegorical bronze statues by Sir Charles Wheeler flanking the entrance were removed.
Planning permission and listed building consent was granted on 15 April 2005 for the demolition and redevelopment of the existing office buildings, behind the retained façade of the former Marconi House.
For more information about Marconi House please use the contact details below: